A picture of Nicole Kidman was flashed on the cover of a famous tabloid. It says, “She has cellulite, too! Just like the rest of you!” The word “you” is You, the one reading this article. There is no doubt that some people seem more prone to develop cellulite than others.
You wonder, why does cellulite form? Where do you get it from? Here’s an up-to-date report from experts regarding cellulite causes that you should know.
1. Age. That’s right. The characteristic orange peel skin usually develops in women just post puberty and the condition worsens with age as the skin becomes thinner and loses its elasticity.
2. Contraceptive pill. It is thought that the contraceptive pill plays a large part in the formation of cellulite as the body’s natural waste elimination processes become overwhelmed with the higher levels of estrogen in the body.
3. Injuries. Cellulite is also known to form around the site of injuries as the supply of blood and lymph vessels are damaged and can no longer function properly in the elimination of toxins from the body.
4. Genes. Though cellulite formation can be genetic there are also some lifestyle reasons why it can occur.
5. Sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy food. A sedentary lifestyle combined with unhealthy food is a sure way of getting cellulite. People who live on junk food like the burgers and pizzas are more likely to get it, than those who cook food everyday and eat fresh food full of fiber and calculated calories.
6. Habits. Another lifestyle reason what could cause cellulite are habits like, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, smoking, etc. all these addictions add tons of toxins in your body, these habits are also cancerous, therefore, it is the best to chuck these habits instead by starting out with more healthy habits like compensating a fruit juice into fat resulting into toxic fat and cellulite.
Cellulite is easy to acquire and difficult to get rid of. A strict diet, a healthy lifestyle, and regular exercise regime can help you get rid of cellulite to quite some extent. There are also some other help available like cellulite removal creams, lotions, surgery, etc. but all these will be ineffective if you lifestyle remains pretty much the same.