Vardenafil is used for male sexual function problems, such as impotence and erectile dysfunction. Vardenafil, when used in combination with Potenzmittel Apotheke sexual stimulation, increases blood flow to the penis, helping a man to get and keep an erection. Use latex condoms to practice safe sex. For more information, consult your pharmacist or doctor.
How to Use Levitra
Before you begin taking Vardenafil, and every time you refill your prescription, make sure you read the Patient Information Leaflet. Ask your Potenzmittel Apotheke pharmacist or doctor if you have questions.
This medication should be taken by mouth according to your doctor’s instructions. Vardenafil should be taken with or without food approximately one hour before you engage in sexual activity. You should not take more than one dose per day. You should take your doses at least 24 hours apart.
How Vardenafil works
Vardenafil, along with other PDE5 inhibitors, helps treat ED by increasing blood flow to the penis. Understanding the erection process is key to understanding how these drugs work.
Your brain signals your penis blood vessels to release a chemical called Nitric oxide when you are sexually stimulated.
Nitric oxide is a molecule that diffuses within your blood vessels. It stimulates the formation cGMP.
cGMP relaxes your blood vessels and allows more blood flow to its tissues.
Vardenafil can be used to treat all types of ED.
ED can be caused by many things, including:
- poor circulation
- hormonal imbalances
- nerve dysfunction
When physical causes of ED are suspected, Vardenafil or other PDE5 inhibitors can often be the first-line treatment.
Vardenafil is available in tablets ranging from 2.5 to 20 mg (mg). You can talk to your doctor about the right dose for you.
Vardenafil is recommended for starting use in most cases at 10 mg, taken approximately one hour before sexual activity. You can increase or decrease the dose depending on how effective it is and whether side effects are present.
- Vardenafil should not be taken more than once daily.
- Your doctor may recommend starting with 5 mg if you are over 65 years old.
- Vardenafil side effects
- Side effects are typically mild for around 40% of PDE5 inhibitor users.
Vardenafil’s most frequent side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
- Runny nose or stuffy nose
Rarely, vardenafil or other PDE5 inhibitors can cause painful erections lasting longer than 6 hours.
Vardenafil can also cause side effects such as:
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- chest pain
- hearing loss
- heart palpitation
- Creatinine kinase has been increased
- An irregular heartbeat
- muscle pain
- Extension of QT
- Low blood pressure can cause severe problems
- vision loss
- Vardenafil interactions
Before you start vardenafil, it is important to talk with your doctor about any herbal supplements or medications that you are currently taking. Vardenafil may interact with several medications, including:
- Alpha-blockers and other medication used to lower blood pressure
- Guanylate cyclase stimulators, (riociguat).
- HIV protease inhibitors
- Medicinas that regulate your heartbeat
- Nitric oxide donors and nitrates
- Other PDE5 inhibitors such as Viagra and Cialis.
- Vardenafil can interact with grapefruit products, as well as the medications mentioned above.
- Vardenafil taken with alcohol can increase your chance of side effects.