I am writing on this topic as it comes up often in a forum that I own and I have given it a lot of thought. There was a time in my life that I did think I was intimidating to men. Was I actually? In hindsight, no. I was just not as approachable as I am today. Today I don’t intimidate men and let me elaborate more. A few thoughts below which could lead you to buy into that myth that men are often intimidated by women.
- Men rarely approach you when you are out
- Men don’t initiate conversations with you at public places like a grocery store
- Men email you a few times on a dating site and disappear
- Men hint at dates and don’t follow through
- Men flirt but don’t ask you out
- Men live in your phone but won’t step out
- Men flake on your dates
- You can’t seem to get close to a man or he won’t open up like you wish he would
If you can relate to any of these, you may think or feel that men are intimidated by you or women in general. Maybe you are super attractive, or maybe successful and you think this may turn them off or intimidate them, but that is not the case. It has nothing to do with these things.
I am going to bring up that feminine grace thing again. That woman, and you probably know one or two that just draws men in like a magnet, she has that intangible quality called feminine grace. That something about her. She is constantly being approached by all sorts of men. She does not intimidate men, she draws them in naturally
Below are some clues you have this quality.
- Men even ones that know they are out of your league approach you any way
- Men of all ages, from 18 to 85 flirt with you
- Men ask you out and put effort into impressing you, not the other way around
- A man will carry on a conversation with you online dating for weeks, patiently waiting for a date.
- Men rarely flake on you, it they say they will call they do, it they make a date they will keep it
- You rarely wonder where you stand with a man or how he feels.
If the above things apply to you, no need to read any further, if they don’t well it’s time to figure out that feminine grace thing. It’s not about looking hot, having your nails all done and strutting in high heals and a great outfit. Those things are nice, but they are not what attracts a man.
If you can go out with your girlfriend who is dressed to the nines and you are in a tee shirt and jeans and still get more attention, sister you got it, the feminine grace It’s in your attitude. We spend so much time working on the outer part of us so often. This is not where the feminine grace comes from. It’s in the way you walk, talk, carry yourself and how open you really appear to others. You draw all sorts of people to you, men and women. It’s something about the way you make people feel. If you feel you are intimidating men, well that’s not it, you aren’t making them feel the way a man needs to feel to build attraction for you.